MENTAL MATH PROGRAM
People often rely on pen and paper or electronic instruments like the calculator to make mathematical calculations. If the calculations are very complex, students need to use these tools. But many mathematical calculations can be performed in the mind, without the assistance of tools. If students start early and receive the right guidance, they can perform mental calculations without relying on these tools.
It Starts with the Abacus
An Abacus is an ancient tool developed by the Chinese around 500 B.C. By 1300 A.D, the Abacus was used by a large number of Chinese people for calculations. Children can start to use and understand the Abacus at a young age, and use it to make calculations. Eventually, children will start to visualize the Abacus in their mind and make mental calculations with without using the physical Abacus.
This has a big impact on their ability to calculate and solve complex mathematical concepts. Students who learn how to use the Abacus and develop Mental Math abilities have an easier time mastering different math concepts. Here’s what you need to know about this program:
- This program is designed for students ranging from the ages of 4 to 13 years. Their brain is flexible and will adapt easily.
- This program and a good knowledge of how the Abacus works helps the students develop a solid foundation and an affinity for conceptual mathematics.
- Learning how to use the Abacus can promote a positive attitude towards math in general. They’re more excited to learn different mathematical concepts and are better able to understand them.
Learning Abacus at a young age will also help students as adults. Mental Math is a very beneficial skill to develop; it sharpens the mind and keeps the grey cells active.
- Students have better self-discipline.
- They have more self-confidence in their ability to solve complex mathematical problems.
- Students develop the ability to multitask and are also able to focus on a single task better.
- They have better problem-solving abilities, which can have a good impact on their future education.
- Students master number sense and arithmetic and develop good proficiency in math.
- Their visual and auditory memory improves over time.
- Their mind is much more creative.
- They have good listening skills and concentration.
As you can see, there are a number of benefits of enrolling a student in an Abacus Mental Math class.
Why Choose Us?
- Our educators will focus on making learning fun for children.
- Our classes have a low teacher to student ratio so students receive more attention and guidance from teachers.
- We focus on developing good study habits and maintain a reasonable pace with the coursework.
If you want to know more about our Mental Math program here at MegaMind Abacus Academy, don’t hesitate to give us a call 905 840 0707 or 1 888 628 6463. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.